- William Germano. Getting It Published: A Guide for Scholars and Anyone Else Serious about Serious Books. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
Overview of the scholarly publication process and all its oddities and expectations!
- William Germano. From Dissertation to Book. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
This book contains the best advice for turning a thesis into a book that an academic publisher might be willing to consider. Also, it offers some very solid writing advice for editors of academics.
- The Chicago Manual of Style: The Essential Guide for Writers, Editors, and Publishers (most recent edition). Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.
The Bible for all academic editors. This includes both Humanities styles and Author-Date styles for references.
- Joseph Gibaldi and Walter S. Achtert. MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers. New York: The Modern Language Association.
If you have to use MLA style, this is the nuts and bolts version.
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
APA style is one of the most commonly used author-date styles in the social sciences, specifically psychology, behavioral and social sciences, nursing, criminology, and personnel areas. The guide is a must for anyone dealing in any of these fields and also can be used for working in the sciences with author-date style.
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 3pm
- Audreys Books Ltd, 10702 Jasper Ave, Edmonton, AB T5J 3J5, Canada
Thursday, November 28, 2019, 7pm
- Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 7pm
- Friday, February 14, 2020, 1pm
- Maritime Heritage Centre, 621 Island Hwy, Campbell River, BC V9W 5C1, Canada
Friday, March 27, 2020, 6pm
- Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 4pm