The University of Alberta Press (UAP) is an academic unit of Learning Services, reporting to the Vice-Provost (Learning Services) and Chief Librarian.
UAP contributes substantively to the University of Alberta’s mission, its national and international reputation, and the impact of its research and teaching by means of a diverse and far-ranging scholarly publishing program that is recognized annually with a host of awards for excellence in both scholarship and publishing.
UAP is a contemporary university press, staffed by resourceful and accomplished publishing professionals with a diverse range of expertise in academic publishing. It has a reputation for publishing books that have scholarly impact, demonstrate publishing innovation, and achieve creative distinction. UAP and its staff are fully engaged with the unprecedented range of opportunities and challenges offered by twenty-first-century publishing.
UAP and its activities are funded by a combination of federal and provincial culture and research support grants, project funds, sales of books, licensing fees and international distribution rights, and institutional support.
- Thursday, October 17, 2019
- Katz Allard Family Lecture Theatre (Room 1-080), University of Alberta
Thursday, October 17, 2019, 5pm
- Patricia A. Whelan Performance Hall, Central Library
Friday, October 18, 2019, 6pm
- Octopus Books, 116 Third Ave, Ottawa, ON K1S 2K1, Canada
Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 7pm
- 10702 Jasper Avenue
Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 7pm
- Yellowhead Brewery, 10229 105 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 1E3, Canada
Friday, October 25, 2019, 7pm
- Wednesday, October 30, 2019, 7pm
- The Bike Shop Cafe, Kelowna, BC
Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 5pm
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 3pm
- Friday, February 14, 2020, 1pm