University of Alberta Press (UAlberta Press) is a unit of the Library and Museums portfolio, reporting to the Vice-Provost (Library and Museums) and Chief Librarian. Operating since 1969, it has a reputation for publishing books that have scholarly impact, demonstrate publishing innovation, and achieve creative distinction.
UAlberta Press is staffed by resourceful and accomplished publishing professionals with a range of expertise in academic publishing. It contributes substantively to the University of Alberta’s mission, its national and international reputation, and its research and teaching goals by means of a diverse publishing program that is recognized annually with a host of awards for excellence in both scholarship and publishing.
UAlberta Press and its activities are funded by a combination of sales revenue, licensing fees, international distribution rights, project funds, federal and provincial culture and research support grants, as well as institutional support.
- UAlberta Press staff attend Congress at York UniversityFriday, May 26, 2023
- An interview with Esmeralda Cabral airs on CHMB 1320 am in Vancouver, between 6 and 7 pmSunday, June 4, 2023, 6pm
- Uche Umezurike reads at the online launch of Matthew Tétreault's Launch of Hold Your Tongue. Details TBC.Thursday, June 8, 2023, 7pm
- Astrid Blodgett launches This Is How You Start to Disappear at Audreys Books. Details TBC.Thursday, September 14, 2023, 7pm
- Details TBD: Astrid Blodgett and Lori Hahnel read at Idywylde Library in EdmontonEdmonton Public Library - Idylwylde (Bonnie Doon), 8310 88 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6C 1L1, Canada
Thursday, November 9, 2023, 7pm